Jazzbee - Danish Jazz-duo

Lets talk about music and musicians
Martin L.

12 Nov 2008 20:32

All rigth, I don't play my vigier on these tracks, but who doesn't like to play an acoustic every now and then.

The link below is to the myspace-page of a duo that I play in. We (Jazzbee) play at caf?s and receptions in Denmark, so our bio is only in danish, so I'll summarize it. The duo consists of me on guitar (suprise) and Mads Sigaard on sax. We are both students at a preschool for the danish music-conservatory. The repetoir that we have is mainly filled up by Jazz-standards, as you can hear. Anyway, I hope you might enjoy to hear something a little different from what you usually hear on guitar-sites.

Here's the link:

http://www.myspace.com/jazzbeemusic 

All the best

Martin Lau

Martin L.

22 Nov 2008 10:51

Anyway, if anybody is interested (this is after all a guitar-forum), the guitar that I use on the two tracks is a Martin 0015, and the nylonstringed guitar on Nature Boy is a very cheap Eagle, which is the first guitar I have ever owned. By the way, don't be afraid to leave any comments, speaking for myself, I can say that I have pretty thick skin when it comes to critisism. Hope you enjoy the tunes.
B
VIP
VIP

22 Nov 2008 15:11

Hey there! Really enjoy this style, nice and laid back. I think what you played really works with the musical setting, I'm always guilty of doing too much but I think you got the balance right. How long have you been playing?
Martin L.

22 Nov 2008 16:29

Martin L. wrote:Hey there! Really enjoy this style, nice and laid back. I think what you played really works with the musical setting, I'm always guilty of doing too much but I think you got the balance right. How long have you been playing?
Thank you. I have been playing for 8 years next month( I believe Mads, the sax-player, have been playing the horn for about the same time), and the last two and a half year, I have been at the Preschool for the Danish-Conservatory, that I mentiond ealier. The lessons at the School all focus on Jazz, because... well, because Jazz is the big thing in Denmark, or at least it is among musicians, and I think that influence is something, that can be heard in our style of playing together, even though neither of us are really big jazz-heads.