musical heros

Lets talk about music and musicians
B
VIP
VIP

11 Feb 2008 18:04

Everyone has bands/artists that have shook them to the core, that, even if you don't listen to them anymore, you still acknowledge the profound impact they had on your life, whether through the music, lyrics or both! So...who are your musical heros? Mine are, in no particular order;

Manic Street Preachers

The Smiths/Morrissey

Steve Vai

Metallica

Dream Theater

Joe Satriani

Allan Holdsworth

Shawn Lane

Miles Davies

John Coltrane

Alex de Grassi

So lets know who influenced you! (This could also be a cool way of discovering a new band or artist)

Cheers

Brad 

Mike Keller
Super user
Super user

18 Feb 2008 17:03

Shawn Lane. Wayne Krantz. Scott Henderson. Allan Holdsworth. Paul Gilbert. Frank Zappa. David Chastain. Ace Frehley. Joe Diorio Ted Greene. Eddie Hazel. Jeff Beck. Tangerine Dream. Bach. Ozric Tentacles.

I could go on forever... :) peace Mike

WANDA
Super user
Super user

20 Feb 2008 10:04

Keeping in line with things to discover, here's a list of short picks for some rock history  :My short picks for films, journalists, and DVD's Dave Burrluck, one of the UK's most credible and specialized journalists Films Quadrophenia, The Wall, School of Rock -yes I know but if you want to hear Black Sabbath, ACDC, Led Zep and laugh...plus see Jack Black Film Directors, Cameron Crowe. At 15 he wrote for Rolling Stone. His wife and often music director is no other than Nancy Wilson of the hard rock women duo, Heart. Check out all fims. Specially, Almost Famous, Jerry Maguire, Vanilla Sky. -Excellent soundtracks of some of the most popular rock songs ever. Guitar players non guitar players like me like David Gilmour, The Edge, Angus Young, Jimmy Page, Pete TownshendBass players : Watch the DVD, Last Supper with Geezer Butler, he plays his Vigier Excess Bass on this one.Finally, just saw this on Rolling Stone, Metal: A Headbanger's Journey. Haven't seen it. Vigier supports music, all types of music !  Have a great day