My amps...

Let's talk about the amps, effects, etc… that you use with your Vigier, tell us how you get your sound.
Ben
VIP
VIP

28 May 2007 18:57

Right then, at the moment I have been using a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Head (just changed the tubes in this head it now sound gorgeous again), I run this through a Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12 cab and I also use a Mesa Boogie F50 Combo...
...but I have been eyeing up either a Diezel or Orange combo as they both rock my ears!!

In the studio recently I have also been using:
Marshall JCM 'Slash' head (this is one of my fav amps and adds a real contrast to the Mesa amps, probably the best Marshall amp I have ever used)
Fender 'Bassman' head (great for BIG, springy clean sounds)
Engl 4x12 Standard cab
Marshall 4x12 1960B, 4x12 1960TVA and 2x12 1936 cabs
Engle Screamer 50 Combo

Here are a few pics of amps from the studio...

Ben
VIP
VIP

30 May 2007 14:13

Heehee...well...
Coolriffs
VIP
VIP

23 Aug 2007 00:09

Dude...that is awsome
Coolriffs
VIP
VIP

23 Aug 2007 00:11

How is your F-50 treating you??
Ben
VIP
VIP

23 Aug 2007 08:58

Ben wrote:How is your F-50 treating you??
Hi Coolriffs - I got the F50 to use as a combo for small gigs, home practice and clinics etc...for when my Dual Rec was out of the question to transport!!  It is a really nice amp, the clean can sometimes be a little dry (for my personal taste) but the gain is absolutely great - really cuts through...and with the contour boost you can step up a level once more (this is great for solos).   I have been using this in recording situations on my latest work for some lead parts as I think it cuts in the final mix slightly better than a 4x12 in some circumstances - for recording the F50 I like to close mic the front and also mic up the (open) back to help with the bass freq (also add an ambient mic to really help give it some 'breathing space' in the final mix).  I do have to say though I have GAS for an Orange Rocker 30 Combo - I have used these several times when I have been doing some Vigier clinics in the UK and they really are great amps!!
Coolriffs
VIP
VIP

25 Aug 2007 23:45

Ben wrote:
Hi Coolriffs - I got the F50 to use as a combo for small gigs, home practice and clinics etc...for when my Dual Rec was out of the question to transport!!  It is a really nice amp, the clean can sometimes be a little dry (for my personal taste) but the gain is absolutely great - really cuts through...and with the contour boost you can step up a level once more (this is great for solos).   I have been using this in recording situations on my latest work for some lead parts as I think it cuts in the final mix slightly better than a 4x12 in some circumstances - for recording the F50 I like to close mic the front and also mic up the (open) back to help with the bass freq (also add an ambient mic to really help give it some 'breathing space' in the final mix).  I do have to say though I have GAS for an Orange Rocker 30 Combo - I have used these several times when I have been doing some Vigier clinics in the UK and they really are great amps!!
I had a DR just before my Mark...How is your lead sound with it ...do you boost?
Coolriffs
VIP
VIP

25 Aug 2007 23:48

Ben wrote:
  Are you a working pro and if so any link to your music ?
Coolriffs
VIP
VIP

26 Aug 2007 00:01

Ben wrote:
Ben wrote:
  Are you a working pro and if so any link to your music ?
  Oops...Sorry Ben just red your bio and you are a pro  in a lot of field of guitar playing and making...sorry
Ben
VIP
VIP

26 Aug 2007 09:23

Hi Coolriffs, no problems...hope you like the music!?!