Diezel amplifier

Let's talk about the amps, effects, etc… that you use with your Vigier, tell us how you get your sound.
1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

25 May 2007 18:03

All right, then I start this forum.....

I bought two year ago a Diezel amplifier VH4, I liked it for two things, the sound of course and the fact that you can switch the channel with a midi interface, it is very useful when you use a rack (in my case Rocktron Prophesy), by pressing your pedal board you change the sound of the entire chain.

Recently I got a VH4-S, which is stereo, my friend! I tried it with a band and ....
what a sound.....big, it really fill the space.

I also love the Orange amplifier, I love the 30 watts....30 watts :=) it sounds so loud and tight.

Ben
VIP
VIP

27 May 2007 19:07

1Patrice Vigier wrote:I also love the Orange amplifier, I love the 30 watts....30 watts :=) it sounds so loud and tight.
Is that the Rocker 30 Combo - I must say that is the amp that has impressed me recently.
1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

30 May 2007 08:01

1Patrice Vigier wrote:Is that the Rocker 30 Combo - I must say that is the amp that has impressed me recently.
Yes
VigierUSA
Super user
Super user

07 Jun 2007 23:15

1Patrice Vigier wrote: Well, i went to the Smashing Pumpkins first show back on tuesday and Billy corgan had a couple of those. That's huge....
Smashing Pumkins run 4 Diezel Herberts. Billy Corgan runs one, and has one as a spare, so does their other guitar player, whose name escapes me at the moment.It is amazing how many LA producers and professional large scale live acts use these amplifiers. It all started with Tool and Guns'n'Roses. Now there's hardly a band in the modern music scene that has not recorded with a Diezel or used one on stage.
1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

11 Jun 2007 14:14

1Patrice Vigier wrote:
1Patrice Vigier wrote: Well, i went to the Smashing Pumpkins first show back on tuesday and Billy corgan had a couple of those. That's huge....
Smashing Pumkins run 4 Diezel Herberts. Billy Corgan runs one, and has one as a spare, so does their other guitar player, whose name escapes me at the moment.It is amazing how many LA producers and professional large scale live acts use these amplifiers. It all started with Tool and Guns'n'Roses. Now there's hardly a band in the modern music scene that has not recorded with a Diezel or used one on stage.
I was suprised to see some band making advertising for some amps (I do not want to say which one) when I knew they were recording with Diezel.
VigierUSA
Super user
Super user

11 Jun 2007 15:21

1Patrice Vigier wrote:
1Patrice Vigier wrote:
I was suprised to see some band making advertising for some amps (I do not want to say which one) when I knew they were recording with Diezel.
That is a very "normal" thing. Diezels recird very well, and save a lot of time and $$$ in the studio. A set of Diezel amps for modern rock can raise the artist's mood and creativity to a very high level, because teh amp sounds so inspiring. The players want to play more and better when they are using a Diezel amplifier. ( This is a statement that I repeatedly hear from top producers, it's not my idea). Some bands switch to Deizell for their live rigs after teh studio time is over, others have contractual obligations to other amplifier brands and play them live on stage, usually with a few Diezels backstage "helping out".e.g. much of Korn's sound on stage is Mesa Boogie, but front of house ( PA)  is a VH4 through a huge iso-box. Go figure...
Pupezescu V.

17 Jun 2007 17:54

Hello !Did anyone tried a Retro 54 trough a JTM45 ? I'm curios how it sounds.Soon I'm gonna buy a JTM45 kit from Metropoulos Amps because they put in those kits better components than Marshall do. And they are much cheaper than Marshall :-)So if there's anybody here that can help me with opinions please do :)My Vigier guitar is much much better than the amp I use at this moment so I must find a good amp for it :)Thank you !
VigierUSA
Super user
Super user

19 Jun 2007 21:29

1Patrice Vigier wrote:Hello !Did anyone tried a Retro 54 trough a JTM45 ? I'm curios how it sounds.Soon I'm gonna buy a JTM45 kit from Metropoulos Amps because they put in those kits better components than Marshall do. And they are much cheaper than Marshall :-)So if there's anybody here that can help me with opinions please do :)My Vigier guitar is much much better than the amp I use at this moment so I must find a good amp for it :)Thank you !
 I can tell you that George  ( Metropolous) builds the best Marshall amps, in my opinion. I have one of his 68 Plexis, and it is simply amazing. Loud, but very very rich and tight.
Pupezescu V.

20 Jun 2007 05:42

Thank you for helping me... I'm looking for that Jimi type of punch in sound... and I guess Metro Amp is the best solution for me. I thought also at Brunetti amps... those are awesome too but I don't realy know if their plexi modules can give me the same quality as Metro Amp at obtaining Jimi's type of sounds.
VigierUSA
Super user
Super user

20 Jun 2007 15:23

1Patrice Vigier wrote:Thank you for helping me... I'm looking for that Jimi type of punch in sound... and I guess Metro Amp is the best solution for me. I thought also at Brunetti amps... those are awesome too but I don't really know if their plexi modules can give me the same quality as Metro Amp at obtaining Jimi's type of sounds.
There is a lot more to Jimi's sound than Marshall amps...Individual tone is always created by technique, touch, pick attack, and last but not least the notes that flow from your soul.You can buy all the amps you can afford, and still don't sound like Jimi, because he plays differently than most.However, having said that, if you study his music, and practice his songs with equipment that is similar to his, then you will be able to get pretty close. Metropolous Marshall clones are very excellent, in my opinion.I am not sure about the current lineup of Brunetti amplifiers. A few years back I was handling their distribution for US,and the amps were quite nice.
Pupezescu V.

22 Jun 2007 06:39

You're perfectly right about Jimi's playing... I've listened to Jimi so much that he became an obsession... the way he touches the strings is unbelivable... when Jimi bends the notes it's almost like he plays a sitar not a guitar... his guitar was like another arm for him...About the equipment... you're right also here... but a good amp/guitar/cables can help you a lot when you play corect Jimi's music
Mathieu M.
New
New

25 Jun 2007 17:48

A friend of mine bought a Diezel Herbert two years ago. It's got a lot of nice features but WHOA it's LOUD! I can get the tone I want from my 5150II with added EQ, but it's nice to know there's something bigger out there hehe. 
VigierUSA
Super user
Super user

25 Jun 2007 18:33

1Patrice Vigier wrote:A friend of mine bought a Diezel Herbert two years ago. It's got a lot of nice features but WHOA it's LOUD! I can get the tone I want from my 5150II with added EQ, but it's nice to know there's something bigger out there hehe. 
The Herbert can be loud, indeed! However, it is also one of the few amps that I have ever heard that actually sounds really good and rich at whisper volume.
Mathieu M.
New
New

26 Jun 2007 09:44

Never really tried it at very low settings with a good strat -an EMG loaded ESP hehe-, but I'm quite certain it's not the warmest sounding amp out there.Over my 5150 cab, the amp's juices started running with the Master Volume at 2, with the loudness becoming severe at about 2.8. I feared the worst for my cab once it got to 3.5...REALLY LOUD! . Having a fully stacked Herbert must imply partial home demolition. Luckily I was testing it in a large barn, because 180 tube Watts are for the criminally insane (and rich in this case)! What I also found impressive was the lack of hum and noise at high gain settings. He uses a Pod XT live (yes, really) for midi control and some basic effects (no emulator crap) which is dead easy and sounds very transparent. It's so cool watching the dials turn and leds change.I'd don't know for sure if my friend's using a THD Hotplate at the moment, because he moved and quit his guitar lessons. Peter Diezel was a bit reluctant advizing a power attenuator because it runs out the tubes quicker, of course.
QS-Nalle
Super user
Super user

13 Aug 2007 18:45

I'm also a very happy owner of a VH4   . Tried the Mesa Recto stuff.... just too boomy. Diezel just rocks, our other guitar player plays through a Einstein, not bad either.
Coolriffs
VIP
VIP

22 Aug 2007 23:35

Maybe you should try a Mesa Mark series...I have a Mark IV and this is one of the most versatile amp out there...I can have a Hendrix sound that is really good , some Blues Rock sounds and of course all the Metal chug,grind and.and scream...but most important you can have the most liquidy creamy  lead sound in the bizness...listen to John Petrucci live...wow... and I don't think he's got Diezel back stage!!                       See ya                    Coolriffs
Coolriffs
VIP
VIP

22 Aug 2007 23:42

Yeah I have a tiny Terror too and this amp is hot ...It is like having a bunch of little angry Angus Young traped in a batterie booster...But seriously this thing is loud , I plug it in 4-12 Marshall cab and you are good to go for jam night in a small club!!       See Ya         Coolriffs
jester_22

10 Nov 2007 00:37

hi i run a vigier excalibur in to a diezel herbert through an engl xxl cab with v30 awesome tone best metal and blues and van halen brown and cleans i have ever heard in any amp
VigierUSA
Super user
Super user

10 Nov 2007 00:42

I can hear it now...nice!