Excalibur Original vs Custom?

Lets talk about guitars
ogandou

10 Dec 2007 17:25

Hello,

I haven't played guitar in a long time (kids...), and I'm definitely starting to feel the urge to play again. A lot! I'm also feeling like a change of gear is in order. I've had an Ibanez JS 100 for over 10 years now, and I feel like I need to upgrade to get on the next level, just like the Ibanez helped me improve when I bought it (I had a Squier before that). After thinking about a Peavey Wolfgang, I think that an Excalibur is what I want: a really good, versatile instrument. Either a custom or original (used). But I'm wondering: is the only difference between the Original and the Custom the flamed maple top? Does it add anything to the sound itself, or just the look?

Thanks,
Olivier

Ben
VIP
VIP

13 Dec 2007 14:08

Hi Olivier,             Yes the main difference is the addition of the flamed Maple top on the Excalibur Custom. The Maple does have different acoustic properties and his known for 'brightening' the tone of a guitar... also it looks mighty beautiful as well!
1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

13 Dec 2007 17:16

The two models are very close in therm of sound, but the Excalibur Custom looks great.Color: Deep Burgundy
VigierUSA
Super user
Super user

13 Dec 2007 17:40

ogandou wrote:Hello,I haven't played guitar in a long time (kids...), and I'm definitely starting to feel the urge to play again. A lot! I'm also feeling like a change of gear is in order. I've had an Ibanez JS 100 for over 10 years now, and I feel like I need to upgrade to get on the next level, just like the Ibanez helped me improve when I bought it (I had a Squier before that). After thinking about a Peavey Wolfgang, I think that an Excalibur is what I want: a really good, versatile instrument. Either a custom or original (used). But I'm wondering: is the only difference between the Original and the Custom the flamed maple top? Does it add anything to the sound itself, or just the look?Thanks,Olivier
Dear Olivier,The differences of the guitars has been explained ot you already in the posts above, but if you have any specific questions, please do not hesitate to call us at 800-464-3525. We will e happy to asnwer any and all questions, and we are located in California.Uwe&Tyler Salwender
ogandou

13 Dec 2007 18:01

Thanks!