Tremolo Question

Lets talk about guitars
Wade Laycook

07 Nov 2007 22:23

I've seen many videos of Christophe Godin (excellent player), and he's using his Vigier Excalibur 2010. He performs many tremolo dives/tricks/abuse, and the guitar still stays in tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_XlCjzCwQg

If the 2010 is actually that stable, why would anyone need to get a Vigier with Floyd Rose?

B
VIP
VIP

08 Nov 2007 10:59

Thats exactly why i ordered the Excalibur Special and not the Origional or Custom. After first seeing my guitar teachers Vigier with the 2010, the skeptic in me thought there must be some sort of voodoo at play. But seeing clips of Christophe Godin  , i was converted that the 2010 is the way to go, for me at least. Especially after seeing all his Vai-isms, if you like, and the guitar still stay in tune.  At the moment the guitar i play (that shall go nameless) has a Floyd Rose and after five years its just a pain in the *. Being the impatient guy i am i HATE restringing time, cutting ball ends off, locking this, unlocking that. Plus, as it's the only guitar i own, a can't relax at gigs for fear of snapping a string. The 2010 seems like such a godsend. The tuning stability and range of the Floyd without the hassle of restringing. But there are many players who need/want a Floyd and i think Patrice has done the right thing on putting it on his guitars. Perhaps Vigier may not have sold as many guitars if the Floyd was not on their guitars?  Roll on one month and i can sit in my room, play with my wang......bar all day till my hearts content   Brad p.s i am not ragging on the Origional or Custom in any way.
Ben
VIP
VIP

08 Nov 2007 12:27

Some players find they want, or rather they need a Floyd Rose tremolo and we provide this option (Excalibur Original and Custom), where others prefer a more traditional tremolo system; enter the 2010 tremolo. The difference being with the 2010 even though it is non-locking you really can give it the abuse you would a locking trem yet the guitars tuning stability is not affected or compromised and you do not have the time consuming task of cutting ball ends off, unlocking and locking the nuts / saddles etc. I had Floyd Rose trems on my guitars for years and have now gone to a fixed bridge setup, but if I was to go back to a trem it would be the 2010 all the way...but, if you are the kind of guitar player that needs the Floyd Rose well we have designed ours to pivot on needles bearing just as our 2010 trem and we also fix the Allen keys to the back of the headstock to help speed up those string changes. In short we want to provide to as many different players as possible, and offer them the most versatile instruments available.
B
VIP
VIP

08 Nov 2007 15:00

Wade Laycook wrote:we also fix the Allen keys to the back of the headstock to help speed up those string changes. In short we want to provide to as many different players as possible, and offer them the most versatile instruments available.
This, as well as the amazing look and craftsmanship, is the main reason why i ordered a Vigier. There are very few guitar companies that are this attentive to a players needs, no matter how small or insignificant, or whatever style of music you play. I wonder if nobodies like myself could get this level of help and advice, have instruments designed with the everyday player in mind at companies like Gibson, Fender, PRS, Ibanez....I'm in no way slating these companies, they make great guitars too, but unless you're Vai, Satch, Gilbert, Slash, Page et al, you seem like another number. I don't get that feeling with Vigier. Whether it's my guitar i will soon get or big name players like Bumblefoot or Godin, i have faith that my instrument will be of just as high standard even though i am a nobody. Please don't ever change my 50 pence Brad
Ben
VIP
VIP

08 Nov 2007 15:30

Wade Laycook wrote:

i have faith that my instrument will be of just as high standard even though i am a nobody.

You are not a 'nobody' but one of our players ; each and every guitar that is lovingly crafted by the geniuses in our factory is made to the very highest quality and standards no matter who it is for.
B
VIP
VIP

08 Nov 2007 15:42

You are not a 'nobody' but one of our players ; each and every guitar that is lovingly crafted by the geniuses in our factory is made to the very highest quality and standards no matter who it is for.
 Case in point! Now i feel all warm and special (pardon the pun)hahahah Brad
1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

09 Nov 2007 10:01

Wade Laycook wrote:

Wade Laycook wrote:we also fix the Allen keys to the back of the headstock to help speed up those string changes. In short we want to provide to as many different players as possible, and offer them the most versatile instruments available.

This, as well as the amazing look and craftsmanship, is the main reason why i ordered a Vigier. There are very few guitar companies that are this attentive to a players needs, no matter how small or insignificant, or whatever style of music you play.

I wonder if nobodies like myself could get this level of help and advice, have instruments designed with the everyday player in mind at companies like Gibson, Fender, PRS, Ibanez....I'm in no way slating these companies, they make great guitars too, but unless you're Vai, Satch, Gilbert, Slash, Page et al, you seem like another number. I don't get that feeling with Vigier. Whether it's my guitar i will soon get or big name players like Bumblefoot or Godin, i have faith that my instrument will be of just as high standard even though i am a nobody.

Please don't ever change

my 50 pence

Brad

For us you are not nobody, nobody does not exist :=) you are a human bean and therefore you deserve respect. We make our instruments with the same quality for everybody. I know many brands that make industrial instruments for the mass and have two luthiers that work for the artists.... sure you do not get the same instrument in the shop. Of course we give some favors to our artist, but it is more in term of ultra good service or like Ron Thal some unique instrument that we make once for them, but the quality of their guitar is identical. I still control every instrument that comes out of the manufacture, before me there is another control (Thierry) and after me another (Jean Marie)...

1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

09 Nov 2007 10:05

To make it short...why the 2010 over the Vigier Floyd? I would say the 2010 is equivalent to a standard Floyd in term of stability but the sound is richer. The Vigier Floyd is by fare the most stable and reliable vibrato. If you are a vibrato killer, he is the one for you.