New Hiscox Excalibur Hard Case Being Made!

Lets talk about guitars
Dellinger

24 Jan 2023 04:16

I reached out to Hiscox about a new Excalibur hard-case. They said they can make one but there would be tooling cost. The case with additional tooling was quoted $214Shipping to the states is steep, quoted $185, but so is the price of replacing a fine instrument. Not sure if anyone else is interested in getting one but now may be the time to inquire. The overall price may go down if enough interest is in the market. They said they could make one as soon as late January. I’m about to reach out to them again. 

I have a down payment on my first Vigier guitar with a U.S. dealer. I have been interested in a Excalibur Custom HSH since I saw a Tina S. video. Can’t wait to get mine. I’m sure the gig bags are awesome but a hard-case is required for me. My family is crazy. Nothing of value is safe, lol.
Dellinger

24 Jan 2023 16:15

Hiscox replied to my email. They will be able to make it in February. If you want one too, specify if it has a Floyd. They said this is useful info. 
Dellinger

05 Feb 2023 04:10

I’m hoping someone with experience can chime in. When Hiscox sent me the pre-invoice of the case I noticed a description of:

1 EF-BIGSBY-B/S
Vigier Excalibur with Bigsby Electric Guitar Case-

I replied asking if this was correct. I figured this was an internal shop description for manufacturing purposes.They responded it has been a wile since they made one and they weren’t sure. This was their response:
“We understand the Floyd Rose can be unscrewed, so this may be the solution but, can you tell us how high the tremolo arm is from the top of the guitar and how long the arm is please?  We will check it further.”

Are the cases the same across all Excalibur models? I am waiting for a Custom with the Floyd. Is the case lid different for Floyd guitars? It would be nice to keep the bar on the bridge but not a dealbreaker. Is there a definitive answer?
Thanks in advance.
1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

07 Feb 2023 14:34

We never made the case with the bar installed, the bar is always removed. There was one case for all Excalibur. Our reference was *H-CASE-EXCALIBUR   
Dellinger

11 Feb 2023 08:28

Thank you Patrice. I have emailed your response to Hiscox.
TexasGuitarFan
New
New

10 Mar 2023 08:22

This is great news I have a original Shawn Lane model from the first year they were made, but I never had a OHSC now I want one. I had contacted Hiscox about two years ago, but they couldn’t make them. Can I still get in on this order?
Dellinger

10 Mar 2023 15:46

If you call them now I believe you can get one. They made one but there was an issue. They are remaking it this month. I’m sure they would make more money if they sell more cases.
Dellinger

10 May 2023 16:55

I guess this is settled.
Hiscox informed me today that they are unable to make this case. The tooling is off and they can’t get it right.
jaguar
Super user
Super user

31 May 2023 21:14

Hi, saw this one, in case it's something for you:
https://www.zikinf.com/annonces/annonce-2066608
http://www.guitaresvintages.com/etuisho ... page4.html
Haven't bought from them.
Dellinger

04 Jun 2023 21:46

Thanks for the links. The cost is prohibitive purchasing a used cases from overseas. It being sight unseen could result in me being stuck with a crappie case I couldn’t return. I just purchased a new Hiscox Strat case in ivory. I will need to do something for a tighter fit but in the end it will be the best option. I’ll post pics of my solution when I’m done.