Last order?

Lets talk about guitars
Diego Garcia
New
New

02 Aug 2022 12:19

Bonjour Patrice,

I was looking at a Vigier Expert that GuitarGuitar is advertising. I've been dreaming of owning one for a while. I love the Normandy Blue, but I prefer rosewood to maple fretboards, so I started chatting with them to see what the lead time was to order one with different specs. And they told me that you were retiring, that you were fulfilling the orders you already have and not taking any new orders, and that that one was the last one they'd get.
Is that true?
Apologies if I'm late to the party and everyone knows that already!

Merci!
Jerome
marcwormjim
VIP
VIP

02 Aug 2022 19:38

I haven’t seen any statements officially addressing it on this level, but it’s been circulating as an open secret since the dealers were supposedly notified a few months ago. 

Similarly to you, I would have ordered one, had I known before the cut-off date. It is what it is. If you’re based in the UK, you may as well reach out to Ben and see if any close to your preferred spec are expected to be delivered. That’s what I’m doing in the US.
Diego Garcia
New
New

03 Aug 2022 12:21

Thanks for the answer, Marc.
Which Ben are you talking about?
marcwormjim
VIP
VIP

03 Aug 2022 22:49

Diego Garcia wrote: Thanks for the answer, Marc.
Which Ben are you talking about?
Ben Whatley, UK distributor

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=6545

https://www.vigierguitars.com/contact-us/
sailor_sparky
New
New

03 Sep 2022 17:10

Does anyone know if Shawn Lane models are still going to be shipped to the US distributors?  I would have liked to do a custom order, but that seems not possible now.  
marcwormjim
VIP
VIP

04 Sep 2022 02:38

sailor_sparky wrote: Does anyone know if Shawn Lane models are still going to be shipped to the US distributors?  I would have liked to do a custom order, but that seems not possible now.  
Were you wanting to order a custom Excalibur or a customized Shawn Lane? I ask because I don’t believe there was ever an option to customize a spec on the SL model other than shipping it set up for a particular string gauge and with the trem set up to float.
sailor_sparky
New
New

04 Sep 2022 13:19

I meant just a Shawn lane model.  I actually e-mailed around to some of the US dealers and sounds like they have some on order.  Hopefully I'll be able to pick one up.  
marcwormjim
VIP
VIP

04 Sep 2022 21:21

sailor_sparky wrote: I meant just a Shawn lane model.  I actually e-mailed around to some of the US dealers and sounds like they have some on order.  Hopefully I'll be able to pick one up.  
I think the Shawn Lanes are the most commonly ordered models in the US; so the chances of finding one should be in your favor. Good luck!
VigierDJ
VIP
VIP

06 Sep 2022 12:46

If you haven't already (got a lot of emails recently about Shawn Lanes) feel free to email me directly and I'll be happy to help you get your hands on a Shawn Lane! dj@vigierguitars.com
- DJ
MesaBeer
New
New

25 Jul 2023 09:21

Oh, the Vigier Expert in Normandy Blue sounds like a dream! It's a bummer about the fretboard preference, but ordering with different specs would've been awesome. As for Patrice, I did hear through the grapevine that he's retiring. Sad news, I know.
Don't worry about being late to the party; we all find out eventually! 😄