New Shawn Lane Master

Lets talk about guitars
Joe W
New
New

19 Mar 2022 15:51

Hi All,
Just got my new SLM yesterday after a 5 month wait. WOW, this thing plays like a dream, great construction, great tone (the pickups are hotter than I anticipated from the reviews I read).
Usually, I do a complete setup on my new guitars but with this there is absolutely no need. The "feel" is great!
I have no affiliation with Amp'd Guitars in the USA, Rich was fantastic and I highly recommend him. He was upfront with the wait time and delivered the guitar on time as quoted. Not sure who the USA distributor is but he/she let Rich know about the wait time.
So kudos to Vigier on a GREAT guitar and a fantastic distro/sales team in the USA.
1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

19 Mar 2022 17:17

Excellent, make good music....
jaguar
Super user
Super user

19 Mar 2022 20:49

Cool! Congrats on your new guitar! 
Pics ;-)
Joe W
New
New

15 Jun 2022 16:50

3 months later and still a dream to play!
Attachments
tempImagexMBz52.gif
citadel777
New
New

30 Jun 2022 04:36

Have you noticed any wear on the zero fret?

I did play a new one in the shop and noticed that the high E string section of the zero fret has a divot.
Is this intended (i.e., from factory)?

Cheers
marcwormjim
VIP
VIP

30 Jun 2022 07:45

citadel777 wrote: Have you noticed any wear on the zero fret?

I did play a new one in the shop and noticed that the high E string section of the zero fret has a divot.

Cheers
As someone who’s owned two SLs between 2012 and the present, I can say that the Vigier zero frets wear with use over time - Which is why they’re designed to just lift out and a new one inserted, as a matter of maintenance. I’ve replaced a few over the years, and it’s very straightforward. New frets have no divots. The nuts pop right in and out, too, in case you want to switch to a lighter or heavier string gauge. Patrice has made this stuff very easy to deal with.
citadel777
New
New

30 Jun 2022 23:02

marcwormjim wrote:
citadel777 wrote: Have you noticed any wear on the zero fret?

Cheers
As someone who’s owned two SLs between 2012 and the present, I can say that the Vigier zero frets wear with use over time - Which is why they’re designed to just lift out and a new one inserted, as a matter of maintenance. I’ve replaced a few over the years, and it’s very straightforward. New frets have no divots. The nuts pop right in and out, too, in case you want to switch to a lighter or heavier string gauge. Patrice has made this stuff very easy to deal with.

Thanks Marc,

Just out of curiosity, were the zero frets that you were replacing made from stainless steel + hardened (as per the current zero fret specs)?
1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

01 Jul 2022 13:45

If you want to replace one of your zerofretS, just revert it, since the string is not in the center of the segment, if you revert it, it will rest on a clean part.
marcwormjim
VIP
VIP

02 Jul 2022 05:45

citadel777 wrote:

Just out of curiosity, were the zero frets that you were replacing made from stainless steel + hardened (as per the current zero fret specs)?
Yes. Both of my SLs happened to be 2012s (built following the switch to stainless frets and the flex retainers, but prior to the switch to Neutrik jacks).

That’s some fine, cost-saving advice from Patrice.