Sound differences between Special and Supra

Lets talk about guitars
indigo
New
New

09 Jan 2022 13:38

How much different does a Special sound compared to the Supra (both with same specs; maple fingerboard, Dimazios). Does the maple cap on the Special give an overall brighter and clearer sound than the Supra. I am looking to buy either. Watching videos on Youtube, the Special does seem to sound brighter and with more clarity but those may be misleading, or are they both about the same? Can anyone help? Many thanks.
Ben
VIP
VIP

10 Jan 2022 10:46

Hi there,
Ok, so yes, the Maple cap does help accentuate the upper mids/highs a little, but this is depending on what you are playing - at volume/high-gain it will be hard to notice. The differences are very subtle. The main thing is more (for me) a case of aesthetics, with a beautiful Maple Cap.
Either way you go you will be happy and can't go wrong with the Supra or Special. The other thing to consider is maybe the SpeciaAl or SupraA - as the Amber pickups in these models offer a totally different flavour once again!
1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

10 Jan 2022 17:21

Ben wrote: Hi there,
Ok, so yes, the Maple cap does help accentuate the upper mids/highs a little, but this is depending on what you are playing - at volume/high-gain it will be hard to notice. The differences are very subtle. The main thing is more (for me) a case of aesthetics, with a beautiful Maple Cap.
Either way you go you will be happy and can't go wrong with the Supra or Special. The other thing to consider is maybe the SpeciaAl or SupraA - as the Amber pickups in these models offer a totally different flavour once again!
You are right...
indigo
New
New

10 Jan 2022 17:27

Hi Ben. Thank you, that's helped me make my decision. Chris 
indigo
New
New

10 Jan 2022 22:15

Thank you Patrice. I am about to purchase my first Vigier guitar through Reidys in the UK (I have a Mac so don't have access to your VRef tool). John at Reidys came back to me today with a cost and ETA for both the Special and the Supra and I have pretty much decided on the Supra. Many thanks, Chris
1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

11 Jan 2022 22:47

indigo wrote: Thank you Patrice. I am about to purchase my first Vigier guitar through Reidys in the UK (I have a Mac so don't have access to your VRef tool). John at Reidys came back to me today with a cost and ETA for both the Special and the Supra and I have pretty much decided on the Supra. Many thanks, Chris
Thank you for your trust :)