Possible Shawn Lane pickup change

Lets talk about guitars
skrzitek
New
New

27 Sep 2021 21:34

I am fortunate to own a 2012 Shawn Lane signature model. Firstly thank you to Vigier for creating an absolutely incredible guitar, I have never played another guitar like it. I apologize to be another person asking about this, but I was wondering what steps are necessary to install new pickups.

I found this older post here (https://vigierguitars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=75057) but am not 100% sure what the resolution was. Is Ben referring to physically detaching the original Air Classic pickup from its metal base-plate, doing the same for the new pickup, and sticking the new pickup to what had been the original pickup's base plate? 
marcwormjim
VIP
VIP

28 Sep 2021 05:45

My 2012 SL had rectangular tabs with three holes affixed to the Dimarzio mounting tabs. If yours is the same, they can be simply transplanted to whatever new pickups you try out (depending on the tab of the new pickup). Note that the plates are threaded for the screws currently in use; and using different screws may cause headaches.
Being as I’m not Shawn, I’ve found that swapping the pots for 500k, the humbuckers for a Breed neck (bridge) and Bluesbucker (neck), combined with some 10.5-50 strings makes dialing in sounds much less of an uphill battle.
skrzitek
New
New

30 Sep 2021 08:40

Thank you very much Marc, I appreciate it! I'm very encouraged by this information.