Bridge height on Vigier special

Lets talk about guitars
christopherjohnson
New
New

07 Aug 2021 14:12

Hello, I was trying to adjust the action on a video special with a non-locking tremolo and I think I mistakenly tried to use screw F to adjust the entire bridge height. I saw on another post where it was suggested not to touch F but just the individual saddle screws, or “G” I think. My concern is that I put the bridge height where it should not be. Is there anyone that could help me understand how to return the bridge height to the original setting?
Thank you so much for anyone’s help in advance to this post.
Chris
marcwormjim
VIP
VIP

07 Aug 2021 22:10

Are you trying to say you raised the height of the 2011 trem by turning the two pivot point screws at the front of the bridge to the left, rather than adjusting the height of individual saddles? 
christopherjohnson
New
New

08 Aug 2021 12:46

Hello and thank you for responding!  Yes, that’s what I did. I raised the treble side, as i thought the screw farthest from the trem only unlocks the bridge to be adjusted. So when I raised the bridge with the “F” screw it only raised the treble side. Then I read a post where it was suggested to not do that so I’d like to return the bridge to a “standard/shipped” setting and then go about adjusting action through the individual saddles. I’m getting some buzz on my fifth and sixth strings.

The bridge is pretty much flush with the body on the bass side and raised somewhat on the treble side  

Thanks again so much for your response. 

Chris
christopherjohnson
New
New

08 Aug 2021 19:43

marcwormjim wrote: Are you trying to say you raised the height of the 2011 trem by turning the two pivot point screws at the front of the bridge to the left, rather than adjusting the height of individual saddles? 
marcwormjim
VIP
VIP

10 Aug 2021 01:08

I saw the first reply - I was just hoping someone with the factory action measurements would respond once it became more clear what you were asking. Honestly, whatever adjustments feel comfortable for you is what is “correct.”
1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

13 Aug 2021 17:12

christopherjohnson wrote: Hello, I was trying to adjust the action on a video special with a non-locking tremolo and I think I mistakenly tried to use * F to adjust the entire bridge height. I saw on another post where it was suggested not to touch F but just the individual saddle screws, or “G” I think. My concern is that I put the bridge height where it should not be. Is there anyone that could help me understand how to return the bridge height to the original setting?
Thank you so much for anyone’s help in advance to this post.
Chris
"Just" adjust the bearing housing so it rest on the body, then adjust the saddles