Adjusting action on Excalibur

Lets talk about guitars
Ulrich77
New
New

28 Mar 2021 20:29

I just recently bought a Supra, awesome guitar.

Now I'm trying to adjust the string action on the bridge, which is a standard 2011 non locking tremolo.

More specifically, following the manual I understand that screw F adjusts the overall height of the bridge, and that screw G controls the height of the bridge saddle.
But there are two mini holes/screws, right? Which one should I operate, the one on the left or the one on the right? Everything else is pretty clear to me...
I hope someone can clarify. Thanks.
1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

29 Mar 2021 12:42

I'm not sure I understand.
You must use G to raise or lower the action of each saddle, in very rare case we use F
Ulrich77
New
New

29 Mar 2021 13:15

Hi there, are you Patrice the owner? wow, I'm honored.

Anyway, I posted a link to a photo I took from the manual (I hope you don't mind).

ImageVenue.com - result.jpg

So basically, I use F to lower the whole bridge, OK?
Then, the bridge saddles G are connected to 2 different mini-screws I believe, one on the left and one on the right, so which one should I operate? Do both lower the bridge height with the same results? I hope I explained myself, of course feel free to correct me as I'm fairly new to this kind of bridge...
1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

01 Apr 2021 17:00

I recommend not to touch F
You have to turn the two screws G.
To go faster, unscrew one of them, make your height adjustment and when the eight is set, screw the second one up to when it gets in contact with the vibrato base, so booth screws hold the saddle.
Attachments
ME1367XT_o.jpg
kasimasi
New
New

30 Jan 2022 12:25

hi guys. need some one help. my Vigier GV has up bow. why this model does not have trust rod ?!! what should I do? such amazing guitar has no trust rod and when the neck has got bow what should we do? help me please. I tried to clamp it for 24 hour but did not move. do not want to heat it at it has a transparent layer on the neck and worried if it peals-off? it has 3-4mm gap to the strings on fret 22nd.