Action on Vigier Excess Original

Lets talk about guitars
dkmonroe
New
New

20 Jan 2021 15:51

I've owned a Vigier Excess Original for many years and I want to get serious about setting it up properly, but I cannot seem to get the action to factory specified standards. It's supposed to be 2.0 mm at 12th fret for treble and 2.5 for bass, but I cannot get it anywhere near that. I have the bridge saddles as low as they can go and positioned properly for intonation, but the action is still at least twice as high as factory specs. What am I doing wrong? Are my bridge saddles incorrect? Is it possible to purchase replacement parts? The instrument is well out of warranty.

Thanks for the help!
Ben
VIP
VIP

15 Jun 2021 11:35

It is very hard to diagnose over the forum, but I would recommend a professional luthier to inspect your Bass. If you need replacements these are available (where are you based - the distributor in your country should be able to help point you in the right direction if you need spares). 
kasimasi
New
New

30 Jan 2022 12:24

hi guys. need some one help. my Vigier GV has up bow. why this model does not have trust rod ?!! what should I do? such amazing guitar has no trust rod and when the neck has got bow what should we do? help me please. I tried to clamp it for 24 hour but did not move. do not want to heat it at it has a transparent layer on the neck and worried if it peals-off? it has 3-4mm gap to the strings on fret 22nd.