Differences between the Excaliburs?

Lets talk about guitars
Julian Hagenauer

23 Aug 2007 13:41

Hi,
is there, besides the finish and pickus, an other difference between the Excalibur Special, Ultra, Supra and Indus?

Thx,
Julian

Ben
VIP
VIP

23 Aug 2007 14:16

Hi Julian...ok starting with the Indus and working up here are just some of the differences in the Excalibur series...  The main differences between the Indus and Supra is the finish (textured finish on the Indus) and the pickup configuration - The pickups are loaded into a pick guard and are as follows; HH in the Indus (the PAFF Pro's make the Indus one of the 'hottest' sounding of the Excalibur series) and HSH in the Supra. The body woods of the Indus and Supra are both the same gorgeous French Alder. Then we move to the Special - this Excalibur features an Alder body with flamed Maple top but still has the pickups loaded into a pick guard. Finally we have the Ultra series (Ultra and Ultra Blues), both guitars feature an Alder body with flamed Maple top yet these guitars feature pickups loaded directly into the body (no pick guard). The difference between the Ultra and Ultra Blues again is the pickups - in the Ultra Blues it is the creamy DiMarzio Virtual Vintage HSS configuration while the Ultra is loaded with the EMG classic set of 81/SA/85 (note that the 85 is in the bridge position), also it is worth noting that the battery housing for the EMG's is also routed and separate compartment facilitating an easy change of battery if needed. I hope that helps a little?
Julian Hagenauer

24 Aug 2007 11:12

That makes it perfectly clear... Thank you :-)
Julian Hagenauer

24 Aug 2007 12:19

I thought the indus has dimarzio paf classics installed, and not paf pros.I am thinking of ordering an indus and replacing the classics with pickups that suit more modern styles e.g. rock+metal.What do you think? Can the paf classics in the indus do the job for metal+rock?Thx,Julian
Ben
VIP
VIP

27 Aug 2007 09:29

Julian Hagenauer wrote:I thought the indus has dimarzio paf classics installed, and not paf pros.I am thinking of ordering an indus and replacing the classics with pickups that suit more modern styles e.g. rock+metal.What do you think? Can the paf classics in the indus do the job for metal+rock?Thx,Julian
Sorry, my bad - yes it is PAFF Classics in the Indus!! I think the PAFF Classics in the Indus are perfect for Rock and Metal...check out the mp3s on my profile page...the tracks 'Not Just Listening' and 'Dancing on the Graves of Our Past' were recorded with my Indus.
Julian Hagenauer

29 Aug 2007 10:52

Thank you.
1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

06 Sep 2007 09:32

Yes PAF Classic