Excalibur ultra 

Lets talk about guitars
Yassuo

13 Jul 2018 22:15

This is just a thought, but I’m a huge fan of superstrats with direct mounted pickups and no pickguard cuz i love seeing more of the beautiful flame maple. I rlly want an Excalibur special in mysterious blue but like the pickguard.. if I got an Excalibur ultra and just swapped the emgs for a set of passive pickups like Evos or other DiMarzio or SD’s, would it be basically the same as the Special without a pickguard? Also what could i use the battery pack for I’m thinking of using it to get maybe a boost with a pull on the volume knob maybe? 

VigierDJ
VIP
VIP

16 Jul 2018 16:58

Yeah you can definitely swap the pickups... The routing is obviously different from the Special, but in all practicality it would be pretty much the same guitar.

I wuould keep picks in the battery compartment, but that's just me. If you wanted to add extra electronic components, you probably wouldn't use the battery compartment because it's a pain to snake the cables in and out of it. There's usually more than enough room inside the electronics cavity for whatever you want to do!