Build questions 

Lets talk about guitars
Yassuo

18 May 2018 01:21

haha ok so I’m just curious, im a fan of nice flame tops and I love vigier flamed maple. but I also like them without pickgusrds so the pups are direct mounted to see the whole flame top. Does vigier bed do that eith their Excalibur Custom? Also im curious as to the neck joint. i love neck through and ik they don’t do that. But for a company who have all but perfected the neck and superstrat, why do they not use a neck joint like Ibanez? Their neck joints in my opinion are better than the fender style which is what vigier seems to use. Plz help me understand these thanks!!

prlgmnr
Super user
Super user

18 May 2018 09:46

Yassuo wrote:

haha ok so I’m just curious, im a fan of nice flame tops and I love vigier flamed maple. but I also like them without pickgusrds so the pups are direct mounted to see the whole flame top. Does vigier bed do that eith their Excalibur Custom? Also im curious as to the neck joint. i love neck through and ik they don’t do that. But for a company who have all but perfected the neck and superstrat, why do they not use a neck joint like Ibanez? Their neck joints in my opinion are better than the fender style which is what vigier seems to use. Plz help me understand these thanks!!

The Ultra gives you the flame top without the pickguard.

A bit like the part of a Tele that you must never, ever cut out to make it more comfortable against your body, a big, block heel is where the tone lives.

Ben
VIP
VIP

18 May 2018 11:25

As above, if you want direct mounted p/ups and a Flamed Maple top, you would be looking at the Ultra or Ultra Blues.

For the neck joint, now you talk about ergonomics V tone-transfer. A smaller neck joint does 'feel' better, but in terms of pure tone transfer, you actually want more wood in contact here. Vigier has our own, unique, neck joint/pocket. You will find it is very easy to access all 24 frets (across all 6 strings), while still retaining a good neck joint and most importantly, tone transfer.

Yassuo

18 May 2018 20:49

So if I wanted an excalibur with the Vigier Floyd, without EMG pups that were direct mounted, and with a nice flame top which model would I get?

Ben
VIP
VIP

22 May 2018 10:01

Yassuo wrote:

So if I wanted an excalibur with the Vigier Floyd, without EMG pups that were direct mounted, and with a nice flame top which model would I get?

If you discount the Bumblefoot signature model, the only FR equipped Vigier are the Excalibur Original (French Alder body) or Excalibur Custom (French Alder body with French Maple top + pickguard). There is no direct mounted/non-pickguard FR equipped Vigier.

Yassuo

23 May 2018 15:25

Yassuo wrote:

Yassuo wrote:

If you discount the Bumblefoot signature model, the only FR equipped Vigier are the Excalibur Original (French Alder body) or Excalibur Custom (French Alder body with French Maple top + pickguard). There is no direct mounted/non-pickguard FR equipped Vigier.

ok thanks for clarifying!