Help Me ID My new Excalibur!

Lets talk about guitars
satur9
New
New

07 Dec 2017 23:16

First of all, I am new here.  It's great to own my first Vigier, a beautiful guitar!  Secondly, I bought it used online and I'm having a hard time identifying it just by looking at it.  I don't think it's part of the current line because it's got double covered humbuckers (no single in the middle) and a hard tail.  The seller listed it as a Supra but, again, no middle pickup.  I thought it might be an Indus but the color scheme doesn't seem to be available for that model.  It's black with white pearloid pickguard and rosewood fretboard.

The serial number is 000238

Give me all the information possible about this beautiful instrument!  I really love it and can't wait to learn more.  And big kudos to Patrice and everyone at Vigier, this guitar is really something special and you deserve accolades times a thousand.  Cheers!

attached: pics

yuri1973
VIP
VIP

08 Dec 2017 20:08

Looks like a Excalibur Supra (hardtail variant), with a replaced pickguard.

I bet you will find a middle pickup cavity if you lift that pickguard.

Indus are double humbucker like this one, but different finish and pickguard ... so I doubt it's a repainted one

Ben
VIP
VIP

11 Dec 2017 16:20

satur9 wrote:

Looks like a Excalibur Supra (hardtail variant), with a replaced pickguard.

I bet you will find a middle pickup cavity if you lift that pickguard.

Indus are double humbucker like this one, but different finish and pickguard ... so I doubt it's a repainted one

^That 

satur9
New
New

19 Dec 2017 04:08

Thanks for the info, guys, I appreciate it!  Are hardtail Supras more rare?  I'm guessing the serial number means this guitar was made in 2000?  I will get around to opening up the pickguard and checking out the pickups but was this model ever produced with covered humbuckers or are they most likely aftermarket replacements?

Thank you again, I really value this community.

Ben
VIP
VIP

19 Dec 2017 10:37

Yes, we produce more Excalibur guitars with trems than fixed bridge. It is possible that the pickups were from an Indus, but without looking under the hood there is no way to tell. Whatever it is, that is a nice guitar - personally I prefer fixed bridge, I think they are more resonant.

satur9
New
New

27 Dec 2017 21:21

Bad news.... due to financial circumstances, I will have to let this guitar go.  :( 

If you're interested in buying it, let me know.