Have had a new Expert Retro 54 for a couple of Months

Lets talk about guitars
kerrmedia

04 Aug 2014 17:33

I can't get around to picking up my other guitars, I always choose this one. It increadible how good it feels to play, and I have a lot less pain in my fingures than I used to from my 69 Strat.

As everyone here knows, this is not a copy of a Strat. The design of the guitar, the sounds that I can now get, it has a great Strat sound, but there is more of it. I have decided that the only reason I will change a string is if it gets old, as I no longer have to fight to get the sounds out, all it takes is stroking the strings the right way. With either a Vox AC30 or Marshall Superlead, the guitar has huge range, I can go from chime to full break up and control it all with my hands.

I recently had to play a couple of times on a stage with no air conditioning, and I was pouring sweat all over my new guitar. If I had done that to my Strat, or the other custom guitar I had (I just gave it away), they would warp in the heat and humidity. But this carbon fiber neck seems to really work, the guitar stays in tune and has the best action of any guitar I have played.

The finish and all are nice, but even if it were not, the playability of this guitar would still make it my first choice.

Anyway, glad I took a chance on this, as there were not any dealers nearby where I could try one out before ordering one. Got mine from Amped guitars, nice folks.

VigierDJ
VIP
VIP

26 Aug 2014 15:45

Awesome review! Thank you so much for playing Vigier and for sharing the kind words...

You'll be even more pleasantly surprised 10 years from now when you're still pouring sweat and the neck STILL never moves :)

djsaysauce
VIP
VIP

03 Sep 2014 21:00

I have to support the above comments having had my Excalibur nearly 2 years. No fiddling with truss rods.