Loose tremolo arm on a Vigier Excalibur Special

Lets talk about guitars
Sav78
New
New

28 Oct 2013 10:16

Hello everyone, this is my first post. Let me introduce myself: for about a year and half now I'm a happy owner of the guitar in object. It has the 2011 non-locking tremolo, which I find extremely good, however the tremolo arm is getting loose. I've checked the FAQ from this website on this topic, namely:

:: The Vibrato bar tends to get loose...

You can adjust the screw on the back of the vibrato, under the backplate, to tighten the vibrato bar.

The problem is that the screw on the back of the vibrato is already very tightened.

I would be very grateful if you could suggest other solutions to this problem (e.g. replacement of the arm, etc.).

Thank you in advance for your replies and kind regards.

nickeroo
VIP
VIP

30 Oct 2013 18:59

A silly question, but did you tighten the nut/black thing on the underside of the tre whilst holding the bar at the same time?

Is your Vigier arm a Floyd Rose thickness arm, or an older and thinner arm?

Sometimes you can buy just the "housing" for the trem arm (the cylinder the arm locks into". Not sure if you can for this, but your local Vigier dealer would know I bet!

Sav78
New
New

04 Nov 2013 08:36

Hi nickeroo, thanks for your answer. I tried to tighten the nut higlighted in the attached picture both with and without the arm on, but still that couldn't solve the issue.

Concerning the arm thickness, I would say it is similar to Floyd-Rose's.

I'm contacting the local Vigier dealer to check for the availability of spare parts.

Thanks again and regards.

nickeroo
VIP
VIP

04 Nov 2013 08:55

I guess sometimes that housing can get loose! Let us know how you get on!

Sav78
New
New

02 Dec 2013 15:35

I bought a new tremolo arm branded Schaller that came with the housing. I just replaced the lever and now it works again like a charm.

However, I also tried to replace the housing, but after unscrewing the bottom part I was not able to pull out the piece directly connected with the bridge.  Can you tell me if there is a specific procedure to remove the housing, or I just need to pull harder? Thanks again for the help!

1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

14 Dec 2013 10:07

Sav78 wrote:

Hi nickeroo, thanks for your answer. I tried to tighten the nut higlighted in the attached picture both with and without the arm on, but still that couldn't solve the issue.

Concerning the arm thickness, I would say it is similar to Floyd-Rose's.

I'm contacting the local Vigier dealer to check for the availability of spare parts.

Thanks again and regards.

You did right for the screws.

For the springs, please.... put them perpendicular to the bridge, the are done to be that way (more mechanically efficient)

1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

14 Dec 2013 10:08

Sav78 wrote:

I bought a new tremolo arm branded Schaller that came with the housing. I just replaced the lever and now it works again like a charm.

However, I also tried to replace the housing, but after unscrewing the bottom part I was not able to pull out the piece directly connected with the bridge.  Can you tell me if there is a specific procedure to remove the housing, or I just need to pull harder? Thanks again for the help!

It is not easy to remove it, pull or push hard