Schaller 5 Way Megaswitch E problems Vigier Excalibur Original HSH

Lets talk about guitars
Dna-yay
Super user
Super user

05 Oct 2013 10:55

So i have had my switch rewired ages ago with a Screaming Demon in the neck, a YJM Fury in the middle and a Full Shred in the neck,with a push pull pot so that 1st position is bridge, 2nd is middle pickup and bridge, 3rd is bridge and neck, 4th is neck and middle and the 5th is just the neck. When i pull the pot out this turns the bridges inner coil on and the necks outer coil on and obviously i can combine them with the positions.

My main issue is that i have only just realised that my middle pickup seems to be wired on for positions 1 and 2.

I have followed the wiring positions on Schallers website and the middle hot(black) is wired to tag 1 but for some reason it works on positions 1 and 2. The only thing i dont have wired is tag 4 to the ground as this seems to cut all my pickups out except for the neck pickup. I have also checked if any solder has fallen inside the switch and is posibly linking the 2 positions together.

http://guitar-parts.biz/hp411310/Megaswitches.htm?ITServ=CY33676db1X14188396a12XYd94