Different Styles?

Lets talk about guitars
Jamie Francis - Taylor
New
New

11 Jul 2007 00:18

Hey all, just wondering how Vigier's are at different styles of music as I'd like to play a bit of everything to be honest and next year hopefully I'll be doing a Jazz degree so I was wondering if it did jazzier tones along with all the rock and metal stuff I know it's quite famous for. I like the look of the Excalibur Special, would this be up to the task? If there's a better model people could suggest I'd prefer one with the non floyd vibrato as I'm just a bit sick of my current one. In fact another quick question: With those types of bridges can you bend up at all or is it purely a bend down job? And I'd like to be able to try and learn some countryish pedal steel type bends, so if you bend one note do all the others go out of tune ever so slightly like a floyd?

Sorry for the badly worded questions. ;)

JamieFT

1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

13 Jul 2007 14:16

Vigier guitars are not for one style....The Excalibur Special is very versatil, you should be happy with it.Yes you can use our vibrato up and down (and they stay in tune)Try one....
Jamie Francis - Taylor
New
New

13 Jul 2007 16:58

I've played a bit on my friends excaliber original but that means I haven't been able to test the special's bridge and I don't know where there's a dealer anywhere near me. :( (Leeds in the UK)I thought if a bridge went up and down you coulnd't do country bends perfectly? I'll have to test one and find out I suppose...
Ben
VIP
VIP

16 Jul 2007 09:22

Hi Jamie,            We are adding dealers in the UK at the moment; click on the 'dealers' tab on the guitars page to see where is closest to you. You can set the 2010 bridge so it is 'flat' against the body (by adjusting the tension on the claw in the back of the guitar) this would stop any 'pull' or movement on the bridge when you bend the strings - although, before you do that I would suggest checking out how the guitars are factory set - as you may find they are fine just as they come. 
jalarcon
New
New

13 Jun 2012 18:48

What guitar did you choose to go with for your gig?
Fredrik Pihl
VIP
VIP

24 Jun 2012 21:34

I use my Vigier Excalibur custom models for every style of music - everything from jazz to metal. They work great for all kinds of music!!