Is there a guitar BETTER than the shawn lane model?

Lets talk about guitars
marcwormjim
VIP
VIP

27 Oct 2012 08:22

My shawn lane blew away my previous main guitar (that had cost twice as much) - Which begs the question, among those of us who endorse the model: Have we come across a better instrument? This question will be my main focus at NAMM - I'll spend the days scouring the place, looking for competition. The only improvements for the guitar exist within my head, in the form of a headless 24" scale model with a GK or GHOST hexaphonic system. But has anyone found a comparable guitar in existence?

ONS
Super user
Super user

27 Oct 2012 10:01

I know this feeling! I sold all other guitars in my rig and now have 3 Vigiers (SLMS, expert scalloped and GV metal). I think no world reknown, big-name guitar (including the custom shops) have any chance against this guitar. My other Vigiers (especially GV) are comparable, they have a different feeling and playability not less than SLMS.

Fredrik Pihl
VIP
VIP

06 Nov 2012 11:18

Haven't tried the SL modell unfortuneately . But I love my Excalibur custom guitars and my Surfreter, so I would most likely enjoy the SL modell as well!

Hayden
Super user
Super user

13 Dec 2012 08:58

There are lots of guitars I really like (Vigier and otherwise) and I own more than a few but the one I keep going back to more than any other is the SL. I've never owned a guitar that simply gets so much right and has an air of both being boutique and yet totally workman like at the same time. It's like a precision instrument with a soul and that's a rare combination indeed. So, is there any guitar better than an SL? Right now, for me, no way.

C-4
Super user
Super user

21 Dec 2012 11:44

I have been playing guitar for 56+ years and professionally since I was 12 years old. I have owned every major high-end, custom made, and boutique guitar that I have wanted. NOTHING will compare to Vigier guitars, and in the category that you are describing such as headless, etc., there won't be a guitar with a flat board or the workmanship offered by Vigier. I do not know of any other manufacturers that are as patient as Vigier, wherein these other companies allow their woods to dry naturally. They don't. They are all in a rush to get out industrial guitars and really do not have the pride, or extreme attention to absolute detail as Patrice's crew has when it comes to wood guitars.