Back in the 80s....

Lets talk about guitars
sukoin
Super user
Super user

28 Mar 2012 16:36

...i went to a guitar shop and the salesman show me a Vigier and told me that was a synthesizer guitar.He opened the back of the guitar and show me a circuit.Was there such an instrument back then or he was * me?

Jeremy Krull
Super user
Super user

29 Mar 2012 20:04

?He might've been talking about the earlier Nautilus guitars (correct me if I'm wrong Patrice)...but I'm pretty sure that some o the earlier instruments, both guitar and bass, had the "memory" feature on them. I have no idea how it works, but considering it had a digital number display on the guitar and a slew of additional controls, I could see there definitely being a circuit board in the control cavity at least. It's hard to find a picture online that shows it, but the guitars had a bunch of controls and then a little piece of clear plastic that when you looked down at it while playing it reflected a digital number (in red lights if I remembered correctly). And this was after 1982 that you encountered this? ?EDIT: I just found this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/39/Vigier_nautilus_system.jpg/220px-Vigier_nautilus_system.jpg Is that what you mean??
sukoin
Super user
Super user

29 Mar 2012 20:34

i don't remember at all the front of the guitar except the V on the head

it must have been 1984-85.