Gig with my Vigier...

Lets talk about guitars
nickeroo
VIP
VIP

19 Feb 2012 13:55

I played a gig with my Vigier Expert last night.

During the break after our first set, a gentleman comes over and says "Is that a Vigier?" and I say "Yes!" he says "how do you like it?" and I tell him they are the only guitars I will play now. I just keep saying that I could not praise Vigier enough, which is true.

He was very interested in a G.V. Wood, and says he has seen they keep winning awards. (We all know this is true, the G.V. just keeps getting rave reviews!). I offered him my Vigier to try but he was left handed so couldn't play mine. He has previously had custom made guitars by a guy here (Martyn Booth). I told him that he would have no regrets on buying a Vigier. He came to me after our show was finished and we spoke a little more, and he seemed very very convinced by what I had said. He told me his friend is selling two Gibson Les Pauls he owns, to get a G.V. too!

I was just so pleased that someone recognised the brand, and knew the reviews, and knew what he wanted. He left happy, and I really hope he gets one. I told him that Vigier can of course do custom orders too. It was the first time someone I did not know has come up and spoke to me about Vigier :)

To me, it just shows that the good reviews and publicity is working, and that the hard work of people like Ben Whatsley here in England (and of course ALL the staff associated with Vigier!) is paying off: the brand profile is rising, the word is spreading, people are finding just hwo good Vigier is. I know you all work so hard because you believe in what you do and love the products you make.
It really does show. THANK YOU! and long may it continue.

Hayden
Super user
Super user

20 Feb 2012 14:22

Great post! I've used my SL at a couple of shows now and people really do want to know what the * it is which is cool. I'll have it with me for the Birmingham show at the weekend too. As for only playing Vigier, I can understand that and if we didn't have a nipper on the way in the next 6 weeks I'd have already added another to my collection.
nickeroo
VIP
VIP

29 Feb 2012 21:30

Thanks Hayden! I really am at a stage where I will sell my other guitars to fund a Vigier. It's nice to find a brand that is so welcoming, and so very high quality!I wish you all joy and happiness with your new baby! (Your REAL baby, not your new SL Sig ! :D)Rock on.
Hayden
Super user
Super user

01 Mar 2012 16:38

Cheers mate :) Some time next year I may move a little gear out and make room for another Vigier depending on how things go. Course then I have the problem of which to choose :D

blues92
Super user
Super user

07 Mar 2012 11:41

The GV Wood is the best guitar I have ever played (and owned !). I have owned Fender, Gibson Les Paul, Brian Moore DC Custom, Music Man Steve Morse Y2D, Framus and Valley Arts Custom Pro.... Stop your quest here .... you won't find anything more reliable and best sounding than this ... This guitar only lacks fretboard inlays !