Question about thimbles - Bumblefoot model

Lets talk about guitars
Gitarmats
Super user
Super user

09 Apr 2011 22:16

Hey!

I noticed on a picture of the Bumblefoot model that there are thimbles stacked on it in different sizes so I assume you get a few thimbles with the guitar if you buy it. For me with a very small thin pinky, the thimbles I currently own aren't very good. When I put them on my pinky finger it falls off very easily... and the ones I have are sized 'small'

I asked Ron Thal during a guitar lesson with him, but he said didn't use a specific type so he didn't really know...

So what I'm asking is where these that come with the Bumblefoot model are made or bought?
I got a Sufreter Supra in Urban Blue finish that is supposed to be sent from France to Norway in about 10 days. Would it be possible to send a few thimbles with the guitar?

Sorry if I'm asking annoying questions! Really looking forward to the guitar!

- Mats

nickeroo
VIP
VIP

10 Apr 2011 17:30

When I tried to use a thimble, it was too big. So what I did was to put some putty (called Blu Tac) in it, on one side to make it fit better. I bet you could easily go to a sewing shop and try some out. They are very cheap.
Gitarmats
Super user
Super user

10 Apr 2011 18:20

Hello!I've thought of stuffing something into the thimble to make it fit better, but obviously I'd prefer one that fits without modification so I just wanted to ask here and see what replies I got.Sewing shops are rare where I live.. I'd have to travel into the city which I don't do often... The ones I have were bought there too..