Help Patrice!Screw cracked on me

Lets talk about guitars
aox
Super user
Super user

07 Jun 2009 09:51

Ok Panicking here :p

My name is Jochen and I own a Vigier Excalibur Custom.

I was changing my strings and i'm a bit of a cleaner freak (got the dunlop complete guitar care kit from my girlfriend for my birthday) and what i do about every 5 string changes is take the saddles of my floyd rose bridge and clean them properly aswell as underneath the saddles (believe me it's dirty there).

Now when I screwed them back on the screw on my B-string saddle broke!
I inspected the screw and it was bound to happen as it was just a bad one (not blaming Vigier for this if you use about 6000screws per year there's gonna be a bad one in there).

I'll add a picture to clearify what happened.

Patrice could you just send me a couple of these screws( I want them to be exactly the ones they use at vigier)(A few cause i'm scared I might brake another one the next time :( )

Or should I ask my dealer to contact you for them?

Thanks on advance!Merci en advance!

Jochen

PS: I'll upload the picture right away
aox
Super user
Super user

07 Jun 2009 10:00

Ok here's the picture (it's not my guitar, just a picture of the Vigier website to clearify wich one broke) If you like Patrice I'll take pictures of my guitar and the screw (in 2 parts :P ) Just like to say that I was just cleaning it and not doing any kind of repair works on the guitar. Cheers Jochen
1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

09 Jun 2009 07:36

Give me your address and I send you a screw by post.
aox
Super user
Super user

09 Jun 2009 14:47

Thanks a lot patrice I'll send my adress via the Contact page on the website. Thanks again Patrice Great service!