The name of the new Vigier is...

Lets talk about guitars
1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

11 Dec 2008 09:10

The name will be GV.

It is not the ideal marketing name for a guitar, but it is the one I voted for...3 times.

I'm not going to make public my feeling, but I just want to express here my gratitude to everybody to have chosen this name.

For those who do not know, GV is for Georges Vigier. Georges Vigier was my father and if he did not start this "business" he helped a lot to make it work. To make a long story short, he gave for more than two decades his time or creativity and never asked for anything in return.

The least that we can do is to give him his signature model.

He would not be disappointed:

All the luthiers at Vigier were enthusiastic and participated in this project by being proactive or giving advice. Victor did and did again a lot of drawings as we strived to reach perfection (if it is possible).

We made, made, and made again many prototypes. The shape is traditional but this is where difficulties are; we want to be traditional but we do not want to look like a LP or PRS, we just want to be in the 'family'. That is why we tried a lot of shapes, you will see the end result, I'm happy, as it is a still a Vigier.

Technically, it will also be a Vigier. We made choices that are not necessary on fashion, but we do not care as we think that what counts are the right choices; what you can hear, not what is in fashion today.

In terms of sound our first objective was to get a fat sound and an "endless" sustain for a reasonable weight. Believe me we have reached our goal and I will let you judge for yourself very soon.

Well, you will have to be patient, Thierry is still making some makeup adjustments, but the guitar will be born in few weeks.

KEV V6 255
VIP
VIP

12 Dec 2008 09:28

A * tribute that will last forever, I look forward to buying one soon.
1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

19 Dec 2008 08:19

Ron Thal, who was at our place last week, told me he also chose GV.
1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

26 Dec 2008 18:26

The name of the models are :GV WoodGV RockGV Metal