question about the zero fret on my shawn lane master series

Lets talk about guitars
mattbowman

11 Dec 2008 06:13

Hi this is Matt, my wife had bought me a shawn lane master series as a wedding gift a few months back. Since the day i received it, my high e string creaks every time i bend it. It sounds like it's getting caught on the zero fret and it makes me somewhat cautious about bending when i'd rather not be. What can be done to fix it and is this common on this guitar? I know the action is so low it's funny, but i'd like to keep it that way too so i'm not looking to raise it to see if that solves it. any suggestions? or where in New Hampshire, USA can i bring it to get fixed? Is this something covered under warranty? Thanks

Matt
nhgtrman@gmail.com
1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

11 Dec 2008 09:13

Obviously you made the right choice, your wife is very nice.Regarding your zero fret you can just change it, it is removable very easily without tool.Contact vigierusa@gmail.com for information on how to order it.
B
VIP
VIP

11 Dec 2008 14:40

It sounds like the exact same problem I had, and it sounded like it is coming from the nut or the zero fret. I thought it was going to be a really big job however.....Check the string tree, and if it moves slightly tighten it, that is what I did with mine and it solved the problem.If that doesn't work then I have no idea!And you do have a wonderful wife! Brad
1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

11 Dec 2008 18:44

The string tree is in purpose lose, this is to avoid detuning.A trick that works well and that is also related to woman  is a rubber band that you place just after the nut. It damps any "glings"
B
VIP
VIP

11 Dec 2008 20:27

mattbowman wrote:The string tree is in purpose lose, this is to avoid detuning.
Wow I had no idea about this. In what way does it help with tuning? It amazes me how much thought is put into every aspect of your guitars! I am going to loosen it again now ;-)