My second Vigier! :)

Lets talk about guitars
Bonsaischaap
Super user
Super user

03 Oct 2008 12:37

Yesterday I got my second Vigier, an Excalibur Indus.

I also have an Excalibur Surfreter Supra, which is part of the reason why I wanted a six string Vigier.

Normally, I don't really like black guitars; I prefer bright, screaming if you will, colors (like neon yellow and orange). The textured finish on the Indus looks really good though and the blue edges around the trem cover and the scratchplate are a nice touch.

The pickups are slightly lower in output than what I'm used to, but they sound great; in combination with the very responsive volume control and the five way switch you can go from nearly clean with a slight amount of overdrive to full on distortion, without touching the amp.

It's rock solid and the trem works like a charm. The only thing I'm slightly worried about is that the finish might scratch easily, but hey, they're meant to be played, not to be kept in mint condition :)

Here are some pics:

Lying next to each other:

I don't know if this was done on purpose, but when you arrange them like this, the headstocks perfectly follow the contours of the other guitar's body.

Outside:

My dog and the new Vigier:

In this picture his eyes are a bit creepy; in real life, he's actually quite cute:

By the way, Patrice, if you're reading this: does it matter that my Vigier warranty card doesn't have a dealer stamp when i send it in?

Ben
VIP
VIP

03 Oct 2008 17:29

Yes, they do fit together well. I really like the Indus (I too have an Indus, mine has a Maple fingerboard), is it is much warmer than other Excalibur?s ? a real dark horse! The finish is cool as well, you can use it on stage, a quick wipe of the strings, bridge and pick-ups and it is clean?low maintenance!! Oh, those crazy eyes!!! Hehe