where to buy a vigier?

Lets talk about guitars
Man D.
New
New

09 Sep 2008 22:35

Where on earth is there a descent online dealer that sells these guitars??

there are no dealers around ireland..and the ones in the uk dont have any models im after.

Im after a blues one in black or white the same on the website...like walter trouts model..i like that finish..

thx..

davidl
Super user
Super user

09 Sep 2008 23:24

there's: http://www.belfastguitaremporium.com/ email for stock soundsgreatmusic.com (again, email as they don't like stock on the site but they hardly have much) machinehead.co.uk guitarguitar.co.uk worldguitars.co.uk musicroom.com (email) tdguitars.co.uk chappellofbondstreet.co.uk oxfordguitargallery.com I think that's it? some sites are better at answering emails than others. I find myself in a similar situation, can't find the right model/color and still haven't. Started looking on some french websites also.
davidl
Super user
Super user

09 Sep 2008 23:26

sorry if my post looks a mess but it's not recognising my line breaks for some reason.
Man D.
New
New

11 Sep 2008 16:22

thx man will look at it...
Man D.
New
New

11 Sep 2008 20:23

Why do vigier advertise their guitars so much on guitar magazines and then to only dissappoint people like with their poor selection and distro???     I think I may have to spend my hard earned on something readily available in a wide choice of options like a PRS. Dissappointed now, i think Vigier look cool and inovative but will need to look elsewhere for a new axe.
Ben
VIP
VIP

12 Sep 2008 08:18

Hi,   To answer your question - simply we try very hard to get the guitars into stores across the UK - it is more down to the store owners for the lack of choice and not willing to stock the guitars as they are worried they wont sell - as the dealers that do already stock the Vigier know the guitars sell very well, so much so as most dealers are on constant backorder with stock...As for having the guitars in a wider range of dealers this is something we are activly trying to change on a daily basis, if you visit you local dealer and pester them maybe they will change their mind...for Ireland you will have to talk to The Belfast Guitar Emporium (Northern Ireland) - www.belfastguitaremporium.com - they will be able to help you with a selection of Vigier guitars to try.
megalodon
Super user
Super user

16 Sep 2008 18:52

You can always go to a store and ask them to order a Viger for you. That's what I did. I paid some money in advance, and they ordered the guitar. Be sure to check the pricelist though, because I got ripped off - I paid ? 1900,- at Dijkman Muziek in The Netherlands for a second handed demo model Vigier Indus that was used on NAMM. After I bought the guitar, I found out that a NEW Indus costs ?1550,- in my country.... which pissed me off (and still does when I think about it).So always know the exact price of the guitar you're gonna buy - that's the lesson I've learned.
IanJF

05 Apr 2012 10:31

Man D. wrote: Hi,?? To answer your question - simply we try very hard to get the guitars into stores across the UK - it is more down to the store owners for the lack of choice and not willing to stock the guitars as they are worried they wont sell - as the dealers that do already stock the Vigier know the guitars sell very well, so much so as most dealers are on constant backorder with stock...As for having the guitars in a wider range of dealers this is something we are activly trying to change on a daily basis, if you visit you local dealer and pester them maybe they will change their mind...for Ireland you will have to talk to The Belfast Guitar Emporium (Northern Ireland) - www.belfastguitaremporium.com - they will be able to help you with a selection of Vigier guitars to try.
Hi, it looks like Belfast Guitar Emporium is now closed :( Is there anywhere now in Ireland where we could try some Vigier guitars please??? I want to test a GV guitar... Rgds, Ian.
Ben
VIP
VIP

05 Apr 2012 16:29

Yes, sadly the Belfast Guitar Emporium is no more. Right now we are assessing Ireland and hope to re-establish a dealer there.. ...in the meantime it will not hurt to keep asking as many shops as possible for Vigier!! 
IanJF

05 Apr 2012 17:09

Thanks for the reply. Ok I may give the soundshop in Drogheda a call and see if they can get one or two in.... Ridiculous that we don't have a great selection of music shops over here. It's the same with some other custom guitars also, we can't get them to try. I will keep the pressure on anyway - thanks....
MikeyLHolm

08 Apr 2012 14:36

I bought my Vigier "blind" before testing, and I love how the guitar fits in my hands. It is excalibur so can't say much about G.V ( Different finish on neck so not sure if its as silky smooth as the Excalibur matte varnish ). But since Vigier's aint that easy to come by if you don't like it, shouldn't be hard to get rid of it either. They are wanted instruments for sure.
IanJF

09 Apr 2012 14:02

Man D. wrote:I bought my Vigier "blind" before testing, and I love how the guitar fits in my hands. It is excalibur so can't say much about G.V ( Different finish on neck so not sure if its as silky smooth as the Excalibur matte varnish ). But since Vigier's aint that easy to come by if you don't like it, shouldn't be hard to get rid of it either. They are wanted instruments for sure.
Thanks Mikey, Yes I would say they are beautiful guitars alright. The only reason I would have to try the GV out is I am more of an Ibanez/Fender type of guy and am not a huge fan of the LP type of guitars. But the GV Wood looks like the guitar that may make me change my mind about all that :D I want a really prestige Hard Tail guitar and that looks like the one for me, so I would love to try it first as it is very expensive!!! I know what you are saying that it would be very easy to sell on, but still something there that says I need to try it, and if I was in a shop that had them I would probably try the Excalibur and the GV models :D
IanJF

04 Jun 2012 01:14

Update - So I finally got to play a GV Wood over the weekend when I was in Chappels of bond street. The staff were extremely helpful and couldn't do enough for me which was really awesome!!!! Anyways - after a few minutes playing this guitar I fell in love with it. Probably the greatest guitar I have ever played. The main things which stood out to me was the lush tone from this guitar. The sustain on vibrato notes and the sheer feel and playability of the neck. Definitely second to none. The guitar felt extremely solid and well built too with fine exquisite hardware and craftsmanship. Now I have a question. The guitar I tried did not have the GV logo on the headstock, why is this???? I read somewhere that there was a GV Wood II out - is this the model with the GV logo on it??? If so, can someone tell me please the differences between GV Wood model 1 and 2??? Should there be a difference in price or should I just be looking for GV Wood model II ????? Thank you, Ian.
Ben
VIP
VIP

04 Jun 2012 13:41

There is only 'the' G.V. Wood - there has not been any change to the design at all. Any G.V.'s without a logo show they are part of the very first run - you can note this with the serial number too. Enjoy, as the G.V. is beautiful - I have a Purple Fade G.V. Wood and LOVE it!!
IanJF

10 Jun 2012 10:34

Man D. wrote:There is only 'the' G.V. Wood - there has not been any change to the design at all. Any G.V.'s without a logo show they are part of the very first run - you can note this with the serial number too. Enjoy, as the G.V. is beautiful - I have a Purple Fade G.V. Wood and LOVE it!!
Thank you Ben. It was a lovely guitar alright. Can't wait to get one now :D