My new Shawn Lane guitar ;-)

Lets talk about guitars
Tim
New
New

23 May 2008 01:12

Hello Patrice, Bonjour!

I just got my new Shawn Lane guitar and wonder if you could answer me some questions:

Which strings did Shawn use - are the Ernie Ball 9-42?s put on the guitar the one he used?

If you use a heavier gauge would that help to get the strings even lower to the fretboard? I think they would have less movement and therefore would not buzz so much at the same height...

I?m very impressed about the tone of the guitar, I have never been able to get so much "articulation or response" out of a guitar. And it?s so easy to play...

My favourite record of Shawn is - Jonas Hellborg, Time is the enemy - one of the top fusion recordings ever - and it sounds like a Vigier too ;-)

Tim
New
New

23 May 2008 01:19

Hello again,just another question:when using the neck or bridge pickup I get pure power and tons of tone out of the amp. When switching to the split pickup combinations the sound looses bottom and slightly volume - is that o.k. or do I need to adjust the pickup height?Merci!
1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

25 May 2008 08:49

The strings are Ernie Ball 9-42 you can change the gauge to get a different sound but I do not think we can go lower in the action! It is already very very low.Regarding the intermediate sounds, you can try to raise the middle pickup, if you like it higher, no problem....but the sound will not be as full as the bridge or neck pickup only