1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

04 Nov 2010 21:35

Ben
VIP
VIP

16 Nov 2010 11:34

So, the waiting was finally over for me and my gorgeous G.V.Wood was ready...I had chosen the wood on a visit to the factory earlier in the year and then sat dreaming about this guitar while waiting for it to be crafted. Patrice delivered 'her' to me at the Guitar Nation show - once again I had goose bumps to look at such a truly beautiful guitar...I was going to write my review last night but I started to play a few notes and before I knew it was late at night and time for bed!!...where to start?!?...right from the very first time I saw the G.V. in the flesh/wood this guitar gave me 'goose bumps', the sleek lines and sexy curves defiantly crafted with all the sophistication and passion you would expect from the exceptional luthiers at Vigier the factory. The notes ring true and full of body, oozing tone and sustain that really has to be heard to be believed. Clean tones that I have not heard so elegant from a  single cut design before, the kind of clean that would make any (insert brand name here) player jealous. Dialing in the gain slighly and the G.V. reacts so well, bringing a flood of warmth. Flicking to the neck pickup here and rolling back the tone and you will find a really rich and creamy sound that Page or Slash would be begging for. Crank the gain right up and the G.V. is a class apart from it's rivals. Big, chunky, slabs of tone that make riffing at full gain a pure pleasure. Even at full gain the single note definition is stunning. Drop the low 'E' to a 'D' and there is no better guitar to deliver. Lead lines are full of weight and low end riffs sound brain crunching and raw, yet still refined enough to be admired with the kind of astonishment that would make you pinch yourself to see if you are dreaming or not!! My only problem was to choose the colour, as every G.V. colour looks stunning!! I went for a Purple Fade - to be different from my other guitars. I was not disappointed at all and the deep, rich finish looks simply dreamy!! The G.V. range has been an instantly desirable guitar since it's release at the winter NAMM 2009. Quite simply this is a guitar once you start to play you will drift off into a world of riffs and tones that take you on a journey - you will NOT want to put this guitar down!! Every detail speaks class and perfection. From the neat bridge to graceful shape, from the phenowood fingerboard to the refined 'V' logo on the headstock this really is one beautiful guitar. Having played many guitars it takes something special to excite me - and the G.V. is most certainly that and a whole lot more. The extreme attention to detail, the astonishing quality of the craftmanship, the comfort of the neck, the access to the fingerboard at the high-end, the warm tone and long sustain along with the light weight and perfect balance set the G.V. apart from its contemporary's. If you are looking for a single cut then you would be mad not to try the G.V. For the tone, for the feel and for the looks this guitar has won me over all the way. She is beautiful and sophisticated, with the sound of a goddess...for me, I have found my guitar nirvana. I can't express my thanks enough to the amazing luthiers at Vigier, you are magicians to create such masterpieces as you do. Vive la Vigier!!!The start of her journey...My finished G.V.Wood, laying provocatively in her case 
Trev
Super user
Super user

16 Nov 2010 13:23

Stunning!!! Trev