What's your favourite feature on your vigier???  

Lets talk about guitars
Les Paul Lover
Super user
Super user

24 Jun 2010 15:28

I know they're all very well engineered guitars - still, one feature on my Vigier Expert , though perhap's not my favourite, gave me a nice unexpected surprise:

The recessed jack makes it ever so much more confortable to play sitting down. The end bit of the guitar cable doesn't stick out so much, and mean that I can laze and slouch as much as I want on my sofa whilst noodling very happily.

So, what's your favourite feature????

thegrub68
VIP
VIP

24 Jun 2010 16:42

My favorite feature on my GV Wood is its Phenowood fingerboard.  It is so responsive that it makes things nearly effortless.  I wish they offered it on other models.  Would love to have a Kaos with that fingerboard.
Les Paul Lover
Super user
Super user

24 Jun 2010 17:07

I've seen one of those GV wood with phenowood fret board, you make me wish I had tried it now!!!!What's different about it compared to a maple or rosewood fret board? What do you mean by more responsive?
thegrub68
VIP
VIP

24 Jun 2010 19:47

Maybe less resistant is a better way to describe it than more responsive.  I've never played any other Vigier, but I've played a lot of guitars with either ebony, rosewood or maple fingerboards.  I'd say ebony is the closest feel, but this fingerboard is just on another level.  Of course, it helps that the action is very low too.  The action on my GV has not been changed from how it was received from the dealer.
C-4
Super user
Super user

02 Jul 2010 11:26

Where to begin with the features I love about Vigier guitars?! Permanently set carbon fiber truss rod which makes the neck impervious to climatic and humidty changes, with no dead spots like every other neck on Fenders, and other guitars with a hole in the neck for a steel truss rod.  More sustain, as well. Best trem available and exclusively from Vigier. Nautrally dried violin grade French alder and maple, unlike other commercial guitar companies which kiln dry their woods. Great paint jobs which are not rushed out of the company while still tacky feeling. Pickups adjusted at the factory before the guitar leaves and the guitars are always perfectly set up. Recessed strap buttons encased in brass so they don't strip out of the wood. There are other things as well, but even Suhr and anderson guitars cannot compare to the detail work, or quality of the parts used. Both of these amercian companies use Gotoh parts. Actually, there is no comparison to be made. No one does it better then Vigier! NO ONE!
1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

05 Jul 2010 10:27

C-4 Thank you, we like musicians that recognize what we try to do.
C-4
Super user
Super user

06 Jul 2010 08:27

Patrice, I'm 62 years old and have been playing since 1955, professionally since age 12.  I've had the best of them all as far as american and Japanese guitars go.  I got to the point where I just did not wish to even touch an american guitar anymore. I got into European built gear with Diezel amps in 2001, and there are only two guitars I now wish to play, yours being one of them. I apologize for taking so long to find out about your company, but I plan on trying to make up for lost time as my finances allow me too.  My "Vigier Pink" Supra will be the first.   Stephen
Les Paul Lover
Super user
Super user

06 Jul 2010 10:30

I've got to say, they are extremely impressive instruments. Every detail of my Vigier Expert seems to have been engineered and redesigned, it's thouroughly impressive.All kept in a simple guitar, that, when it comes to it, feels fantastic, plays even better, and sounds beautiful, this even though I haven't dialed the action exactly how I want it yet. I can't praise it enough!!!!!
1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

06 Jul 2010 14:30

Les Paul Lover wrote:

Patrice,

I'm 62 years old and have been playing since 1955, professionally since age 12.  I've had the best of them all as far as american and Japanese guitars go.  I got to the point where I just did not wish to even touch an american guitar anymore.

I got into European built gear with Diezel amps in 2001, and there are only two guitars I now wish to play, yours being one of them.

I apologize for taking so long to find out about your company, but I plan on trying to make up for lost time as my finances allow me too.  My "Vigier Pink" Supra will be the first.  

Stephen

Lets not oppose Europe and USA, there are good things everywhere in the world, what counts is: Is it good or not? Wherever it comes from is fine for me.
C-4
Super user
Super user

06 Jul 2010 15:28

That is a good and healthy outlook.

I agree that there is fine gear made everywhere.

I look at it this way...I've been eating hamburgers and pizza all of my life.  Then I got a taste of fine French cuisine.  How could I go back to a steady diet of hamburgers and pizza again. :)

aox
Super user
Super user

08 Jul 2010 08:29

Haha I see what you mean C-4 but I still like my pizza's and burgers ;) :P Ok all of the things that I like have been said allready exept for one. Patrice ships the guitars, and let's face it it doesn't arrive in just one day eh, somethimes it takes a week or so to get to it's destination. BUT!!!! when opening the case and strumming it the FIRST thing to impress me is that the guitar did not need ANY TUNING!!! How's that for stability :P Also Congrats on the 30th anniversary Patrice and luthiers at Vigier!!! I'm 22 and I'll be supporting Vigier for the next 30 years for sure ;) Greets Aox