GV Wood

Please tell us what forum you would like us to create
Waspartist

05 Feb 2013 22:29

Hello all at Vigier,

Some time ago, I was lucky enough to have the chance to play the GV Wood.

What a fine instrument it is, and if I may say, what a fine tribute from a son to his father's memory. I'm

sure he would be rightly proud of such a well designed and great sounding guitar that exemplifies Vigier's

high standard's for quality and innovation.

It's been a long time since I was so impressed by a guitar,and believe me, I've played all sorts of instruments

over the years. I started out working in a guitar store in the mid 80's and back then, we used to stock Vigier

basses with the full carbon necks. Fabulous, avant-garde instruments they were too. Against the standards

of the time, they were like something that landed fromy outer space! Since then, I've kept an eye ( and ear )

on Vigier.

For some years now, I've been playing another brand of guitar famous for it's use of carbon fibre. Great

instruments, light and easy to play, almost perfect. The only flaw is that they are lacking some depth in

tonal quality, alas!

The GV certainly does not have this problem. Rich and distinct tones and textures which don't sound like

the generic standard. That's no mean feat, those amber humbuckers are something special indeed. Combined

with the light weight, great playability and superb build quality, that's a recipe for a great instrument.

In fact, the GV may be my new instrument, I'm seriously considering making the investment. That said,

I'd like to ask, if I may, a few questions. Any feedback you could give would be much appreciated.

Do you plan on a GV model with tremolo? This idea has great appeal for me, perhaps, others might 

think so too. Of course, this may be a headache for you, having to re-engineer the GV design but I

can't help thinking how good that would be. A hard-tail and a trem model could cover a lot of musical

styles.

Would Vigier consider a 2 octave/24fret model? Again, more re-engineering! I'm getting good at

costing you time and money.

Does Vigier plan on a set/through neck version of the GV?

Perhaps, some of the above are custom order requirements carried out on an individual basis, but

how far does Vigier go with these requests? Is it possible to select fret size or have an alternative

or compound/conical radius on the fretboard for instance?

I realise, these are big questions but I'd be glad to hear your thoughts. 

Best Regards,

Allan

1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

11 Feb 2013 09:24

Thank you for your VERY good words

Here are my ansers about your questions:

Do you plan on a GV model with tremolo? This idea has great appeal for me, perhaps, others might 

think so too.

No plan do this.

Would Vigier consider a 2 octave/24fret model? Again, more re-engineering! I'm getting good at

costing you time and money.

No plan do this

Does Vigier plan on a set/through neck version of the GV?

No plan do this because it will bring nothing to the instrument.

Perhaps, some of the above are custom order requirements carried out on an individual basis, but

how far does Vigier go with these requests? Is it possible to select fret size or have an alternative

or compound/conical radius on the fretboard for instance?

We have few option but not the one you are listing.

Sorry for saying only NO !!!

Waspartist

11 Feb 2013 19:37

Patrice,

It's very good of you to take the time to answer my questions.

And no, there is no need for you to apologise for saying no. It's good that you

stand by the integrity of instrument's design, form, and function. All of which,

are highly impressive when compared to other single cut guitars available.

I'm very taken with the GV Wood and in an ideal world, I'd order one today.

Of course, realistically, I will have to take a hard look at my finances before

I make the investment. Times are tough!

That said, how long is the waiting time when ordering?

Best Regards,

Allan

1Patrice Vigier
Site Admin
Site Admin

12 Feb 2013 07:54

Waiting time depends..... maximum 4 month, unless you find a dealer that has one in stock.

Waspartist

17 Feb 2013 12:16

Patrice,

Many thanks for the helpful info.

4 months is not too long. Good things come to those who wait!

Best Regards,

Allan