Register Instrument

Please tell us what forum you would like us to create
Phil_K
Super user
Super user

18 Nov 2011 18:09

Hi,

I would like it very much if it was possible to register one's instrument directly with you, so there can be no doubt as to whom an instrument belongs.

Best regards
Phil

Ben
VIP
VIP

19 Nov 2011 11:47

I 'guess' you could do this - send in your details / serial number, but there is no where for Vigier to store this info...the problem comes if everybody does this and it is not updated when  / if it gets passed on, swapped, upgraded for a better (Vigier), or the user moves place of residence etc...you start to see the problems...it becomes a logistical headache...so I do not recommend this at all. What you can do is use the tracking devises that fit in the guitar as small chips. Then the guitar is traceable by gps. In the UK a few companies offer this (it is not specifically for guitars, but any high-end goods, but easily adoptable to a guitar). You could find out if something similar is operated in your country too, have a look around, maybe do some research - the police maybe a good place to start and point you in the direction, or high-end goods retailers? It is the best I can suggest. For warranty - as long as you keep valid receipt of purchase that covers the two year warranty that Vigier offers. I know that with my individual instrument insurance (Allianz), they provided an official police marker pen that shows up under UV light - but be careful - it is not cool to play on stage with this marked across a visible part of the guitar if the venue uses UV lights!!!I I would suggest with this method, to be more subtle. Maybe in the neck / body join cavity on both parts - or if you do not want to ever take the neck off, on the body inside the electrics cavity, or under the pickguard on the body somewhere there?
Phil_K
Super user
Super user

19 Nov 2011 14:08

thaks! that answers the question