For Sale: Vigier Arpege III 4-string bass

Buy or sell an instrument
texangerbil
New
New

21 Oct 2015 14:50

Vigier Arpege III 4-string active electric bass guitar made in 1994. All original so far as I can tell.

90/10 neck through in maple with carbon strips, phenowood fretboard. Zero fret. There's very little fretwear.

Body is a sandwich of alder core with lightly-flamed maple facings front and back finished in a

"smokeburst" purple/grey burst finish (looks grey in low light but more purplish under stronger light).

Chrome hardware - Schaller tuners and a massive custom bridge with string-through-body fixing.

Vigier custom pickups and active 18V electronics give a huge range of HUGE sounds. Electronics all working fine.

The whole design gives amazing sound and sustain.

No case.

Condition is best described as roadworn. The finish has a number of scars, dings and chips all over it, mostly on the back and edges - the front isn't too bad.

Please note the neck has a bit of a bow in it, which I'm presuming is not how it was built as my understanding is that they're built pretty much flat. As there's no truss rod, this is not adjustable. This means the bass, while perfectly playable, has a reasonably high action which is fine for some people but not everyone. I measure it at 5mm on bass side, 4mm on treble side, from top of fret to middle of string at 12th fret. At this level there's no buzzing anywhere on the fretboard, so you could probably drop it a bit further. Bow doesn't seem to have changed in the 3 years I've owned the instrument.

Contact me for more pictures and to discuss.

I'd like to get about GBP£1000 but I accept that the neck and condition may mean I'll have to settle for less.

Collection in person from London SW12, UK preferred due to value and lack of case. However I will ship, and ensure that it's very well packed.

Attachments
5119.jpg
5119.jpg (215.9 KiB) Viewed 3069 times