6 str Arpege bass circa. 1992

Buy or sell an instrument
LiveBass
New
New

25 Aug 2013 00:36

Hi, I own a Vigier 6 str bass, Arpege III. This instrument used to be with Patrick Dahlheimer from the band Live and The Gracious Few. This instrument has seen better days, with a few dings and some of the clear coat starting to bubble in a few places, nothing completely major though.  It still sounds amazing and plays like butter. It is from the 1992 era of Vigier which has some pretty interesting features with it. I'm interested in selling it but I have very little info to start from. Someone was saying around $5,000 but with the possible star apeal it could be worth more. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

themoo
New
New

11 Feb 2014 14:56

Hi

Lovely to see a bass from that era. Some pictures would be great! Ive bought and sold a few early Arpege basses (I adore them). This era sell for around £800-1,500. Obviously a six string might be worth more BUT your market is vastly smaller. As for the 'fame' factor... Not sure if you have any provenance but regardless, unless it's someone REALLY popular (Eric Clapton, Jaco, Jimi Hendrix etc.), it doesn't really add value to the bass at all.

Obviously just my opinions!

Good luck with the sale!