Template for Shawn Lane Signature pick guard

Lets talk about anything you want
jasperoosthoek
New
New

18 Jan 2010 10:22

Hi

I would like to experiment with the location of the volume knob on my Shawn Lane Signature: move it to the left so I can handle volume with my pinky and use the tremolo at the same time. I do not have any intention to start cutting up my original pick guard. I found this company called the Pickguardian that can make any pick guard. It costs 85 US$ (for a fancy turtoise shell, like the SLS) including shipping so I first like to experiment a bit with the location before I order one.

The company needs a template  for the custom pick guard. Either a PDF or the pick guard itself (no way). I have a little band saw so I can make a trial version from a cheap piece of plastic. Do you guys have a pick guard template (PDF) that I can experiment with and that can be sent (with modifications by me) to the Pickguardian? It would obviously be much more precise than just scanning my pickguard.

Regards, Jasper

Eira Jeremy
New
New

19 Feb 2024 08:10

It sounds like a great idea to experiment with the location of the volume knob on your Shawn Lane Signature guitar. 
visit my location today
annamivivan
New
New

20 Feb 2024 08:09

Hi Jasper,

Experimenting with the location of the volume knob on your Shawn Lane Signature guitar sounds like an interesting project. Unfortunately, we don't have a pick guard template (PDF) readily available for you to use. However, I suggest reaching out to guitar forums or communities online, where fellow guitar enthusiasts may have templates or suggestions for creating one.

Alternatively, you could try creating your own template by carefully measuring and tracing the shape of your current pick guard onto a piece of paper or cardboard. Then, make modifications as needed for your experiment. Once you're satisfied with the placement, you can transfer the template to a cheap piece of plastic using your band saw.

Once you have a template that works for your experiment, you can then send it to Pickguardian for customization. They should be able to work with your template to create a custom pick guard to your specifications.

Best of luck with your experiment!