Website design, opinions please all.

Lets talk about anything you want
kimbovigier
Super user
Super user

27 Jun 2009 10:27

Over summer I am planning to finally pull my finger out and get my website up and running, I have the domain name ( nathandoylemusic.com but I am in two minds as to have it designed professionally, (which sounds like a lot of hassle getting it exactly how I want) trying myself with CS4 and Dreamweaver, which looks like a bit of a mission, or, since being a mac user I could just use iweb- but is it a bit too basic, will it look amateurish?

Perhaps if you have your own page you can send me a link for a perusal?

From what I have gathered, it pretty much depends on what you want to do with your site. Here's what I want I want my site for:

My MP3s up linked to itunes
album page
news
lessons
myspace link

I really don't want any fancy flash images, I want it to be a quick informative page without loads of procrastination- thats about it.

I am going to create a similar myspace page but I left recently due to constant friend requests which got a bit annoying with people that expect you to message them every five minutes! I've also created a facebook music page, I'm looking for a cool Vigier themed page!

I'm pretty big on photography (Leica) so I shouldn't have any problem catching a few arty guitar shots.
Thierry
Super user
Super user

29 Dec 2009 18:11

Hi, The design is important, but the most important will be the content, what you will put inside. A lot of website are too much complicated, take the place of the customer, and try to make something simple, but with all the infos they need or the messages you want to send. Have fun. www.vsd-usa.com
kimbovigier
Super user
Super user

05 Mar 2010 19:31

This is what I ended up with: www.myspace.com/ nathan doyle designed by a professional, let me know what you think.